…well maybe not away, but you get the idea 😉 Today’s Travel Thursday post takes us to Temecula, CA for a hot air balloon adventure. Hot air ballooning has been on my bucket list for quite a while, so imagine my excitement when I was able to cross this adventure off my list!
We took our trip up with Magical Adventure Balloon Rides and I would highly recommend this group if you’re looking for a ballooning adventure in Southern California! And honestly, our adventure was pretty magical and even though I’ve crossed it off my bucket list, I would love to go again! It is an absolutely gorgeous way to get a birds eye view of an area made even better by the fact that we went hot air ballooning in wine country which means you can go on wine tastings afterwards!
There was something truly amazing about floating along just above the trees and seeing everything below. I absolutely loved our adventure and a couple of things about going for a hot air balloon ride surprised me…
* It is much hotter up there than I expected…because the balloon is powered by fire!
* It is louder up there than I expected…again, because the balloon is powered by fire and fire can be noisy
* Because of the above two surprises it’s not quite as romantic as you might think…it would still make a great date but it’s not a quiet blissful experience
* The pilots have less control over the location of the landing than you’d think. Where you land is controlled by the wind so on our ride we actually went about 20 minutes longer than expected (awesome bonus!) because of how the winds moved.
A couple of reasons why I’d recommend this tour company if you go…
* They leave a few minutes later than the other groups in the area which makes you think you’ll miss the early morning views, but the truth is it means your views will include other hot air balloons. Because your travel is dictated by the wind if you are at the back you can take great pictures filled with other balloons!
* You get mimosas at the end…is there even really a need to explain why this is a good thing?!?
* The pilot is quite knowledgeable about hot air ballooning and the area which makes the experience even more enjoyable
Have you been hot air ballooning? Would you want to go? What’s one thing on your bucket list?