I am beyond excited for today’s post, but before we get to my road trip essentials I wanted to share the winners of my two recent giveaways!
As y’all know, I love traveling and so when I found the Road Trip Essentials campaign from Turo (Formerly RelayRides) I just knew I needed to share my road trip essentials with all of you!
Here are my road trip essentials…which I will be taking on my road trip this summer to Denver!
1. Hard boiled eggs ~ I get that most people probably don’t pack hard boiled eggs when they take a road trip but I can’t get in the car without one! I eat a mostly clean diet (#4 will let you know that it’s not a 100% clean diet!) and hard-boiled eggs are a great mobile source of protein.
2. Dental floss ~ I know it sounds strange but when I’m on the road I need dental floss just in case something gets stuck in my teeth…I don’t want it bothering me for the next 150 miles!
3. A kick-butt playlist ~ When I work out I listen to a lot of Pitbull. But when I’m on the road it’s all country, all the time! Here’s a peek at my road trip playlist…
4. Dark Chocolate Acai & Blueberries ~ This is my chocolate guilty pleasure and it makes road trips better.
5. Rand McNally Atlas ~ I know in the age of smart phones and GPS’ this one might seem a little silly but my dad taught me when I was little how to read a real map and the truth is that this skill has come in handy…sometimes on a road trip you enter an area with no cell service and that is not somewhere you want to get lost! Aren’t you proud of me dad for including this one on my list?!?
6. Trash bags and paper towels ~ I can admit that I’m a little bit OCD and so a dirty car would drive me crazy on a road trip!
7. Directions to cupcake shops ~ I travel to cupcake shops all around the country and so any road trip requires directions to cupcake shops on the way!
8. Zipper Pouches ~ These zipper pouches keep everything organized and easy to find! If I’m spending multiple days on the road these zipper pouches make it easy to just grab what I need for the next day instead of taking my whole suitcase into the hotel.
What are your road trip essentials?