Y’all I am beyond excited to introduce you to today’s Be Inspired feature! I honestly couldn’t even tell you how I came across Jessica but I think it was via a social media platform. Regardless of how I “met” her, once I started exploring her blog, I was hooked! My fitness love is running, but this year I’ve really been working on trying to incorporate more strength training because 1) It will help me be a better runner 2) It’s just good for my overall health. So Jessica has been a great resource and inspiration for adding strength training to my life. Also y’all she has usually does three types of posts on her blog…Be Fierce, Be Fabulous, and Be Fit…and I think anyone who is Fierce, Fabulous, and Fit is pretty awesome!
And Jessica’s story gets even better because this week (November 28 to be exact) she is launching an online gym! So head over to her blog, Glisten Fit, or find her on social media (Facebook and Instagram) to get more details and get inspired to take your fitness to the next level!
It is my hope that you leave this blog feeling inspired. Whether you spend 2 minutes reading the blog every month or check the blog on a daily basis, it is my hope that when you click away from my site you leave inspired. Inspired to try something new. Inspired to step out of your comfort zone. Inspired to embrace a new challenge. Inspired to make a difference. Inspired to dream big and chase those dreams. Inspired to live life a little bit different. Inspired to be the best you possible. This series introduces you to people and stories that inspire me and it is my hope that they will inspire you as well.
What dream are you currently pursuing?
I am currently expanding my health & fitness blog into more than just a blog. I am in the process of launching an online gym! It had been a dream of mine for over a year and I finally have the time, help, and resources to make it happen. It’s taking a lot of work behind the scenes but I know it’s gonna be worth it. Side note: For those of you who don’t know what an online gym is…it’s a membership/subscription part of my website that will house full length workout videos and weekly workout schedules that tell you which workouts to do for 5 days of each week. The workouts can be done at home or at a gym!
What is your biggest dream?
This is a tough one. For awhile it was to get married, but I did that in April 😉 I guess now it would be to turn Glisten Fit into something that inspires women everywhere, everyday. I’m so thankful that God allows me to use Glisten as a platform to reach out and inspire so many people. I want to continue to grow that!
What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life?
Starting my own business! I had a lot of of fear that held me back for a long time, but I’m so glad that I took a leap of faith and made it happen. It’s still scary/surreal at times but I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m thankful for the love & support that have pushed me to where I am today.
Who has been an inspiration to you and how have they inspired you?
3 people come to mind right away.
- My husband. He is one of the most hardworking people that I know. He knows how passionate I am about pursuing Glisten, so he has put his dreams on hold so that I can pursue mine. He is the most selfless person I’ve ever met. He knows how to encourage me to keep going even when I think I’ve reached my breaking point. I love that man!
- My Grandma. She is my best friend. She has believed in me since day 1. Her and my husband are very similar…they will put all of their wants aside to make their loved ones happy. That inspires me. Selflessness is a beautiful thing.
- My Granddad. He is the one who instilled a hardworking work ethic in me. He taught me to work for what you want. I will never forget the advice he gave me while I was in college, “Find something you’re passionate about. Get good at it. Figure out how to make money doing it.” He told me that is the key to success. And I am on my way to making that happen.
How do you handle obstacles that arise as you pursue your dreams?
A few ways. The first thing I do is grab a notebook and jot every single thing that it’s my head down…emotions, ideas, everything. I’m a very visual person so it’s nice to get it out of my head and see everything on paper. If that doesn’t help me feel better I typically talk with my husband. Getting an outsider’s point of view is generally very helpful.
Can you share five interesting facts about yourself?
- I have a pit bull and he is the cutest little guy around. He usually ends up crashing my workout videos 😉
- I’ve lived in the same part of Florida my entire life.
- I spend most afternoons writing client workouts in my hammock.
- I’m one of those people who can’t function without breakfast and coffee right when I wake up.
- I’m only 5 feet tall. People who have met me in person after seeing me on Instagram are always taken aback by that!
I’d love to hear, what are your fitness goals?