DIY: Christmas Card Display
Welcome back to the 12 Days of Christmas! Today I’m going to share a quick and easy craft with you because if you’re anything like me you might not have a lot of time to complete a complicated craft project this time of year! I don’t know about you, but I am absolutely loving seeing all of these different projects and ideas from so many different bloggers. If you haven’t had a chance to check out the first two posts, go and do that now!
Cardstock…I used red and green but you can use whatever holiday colors you’d like
1-inch rings…if you get a LOT of cards each year then you might want a bigger ring but 1-inch should work for most people
1. Print out title pages for each year. You can do this very easily be creating a Word document that says “Christmas ####” on half of the sheet. I chose to alternate every year red and green but you can do it however you’d like.
2. Cut the cardstock in half so you have a cover and a back.
3. Put all of the Christmas cards in a pile so you can hole punch them all at once. This helps make sure everything lines up evenly. I sorted my cards based on categories…family, work friends, friends, etc.
4. Once you’ve punched two holes you simply need to bind them all together with the rings and you’re set!
Now that I have these I love being able to look through them at Christmas time and see how my friends and family have grown and changed over the years!
Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them yourself or buy store-bought ones?
See more Christmas Card inspiration from the Blogmas bloggers!
- 10 Holiday Cards that Aren’t Your Basic Holiday Cards by Mrs. AOK a Work in Progress
- Christmas Card Ideas: Customize, DIY plus Discount! by Dear Creatives
- 12 Days of Blogmas Christmas Cards by Urban Housewife Adventures
- Unique Christmas Card Ideas with Basic Invite by Motherhood and Merlot
- 5 Christmas Handprint Art Printables: Perfect for Homemade Christmas Cards by Views From a Step Stool
- Christmas Card Display by Girl on the Move Blog
- Why You Won’t be Getting a Christmas Card from Me by Ripped Jeans and Bifocals
- Our Christmas Cards Were Honest by One Ruud Mom
Great idea! I get lots of questions about storing holiday cards. This keeps them in a nice, compact, viewable format. I have to admit I don’t hold onto cards from previous years, but this would work even for the current year’s cards:)
Love this idea so cute!
Jennifer | The Deliberate Mom
Oh my goodness! I have got to start doing this! What a fabulous idea!
Thanks for sharing (I’m pinning)!
Dean @Mrs. AOK, A Work In Progress
That’s such a smart idea! I always struggle with what to do with all my cards, because I hate to throw them away especially the family photo ones. Currently some are in a Christmas box.
Julie - "Girl on the Move"
It took me a long time to figure out what to do with them…but I’m so glad I did because they’re fun to look at!