I hope that y’all loved our stop in San Diego last week on our tour of my favorite U.S. cities! I know that I’m excited to check out the places Heather shared! Today we’re heading east and stopping in Nashville! Earlier this year I read Moment Maker by Carlos Whittaker and so when I decided to feature Nashville in this series I knew the Whittaker family was who I wanted to talk to…because y’all, they really embrace life and so I wanted to hear their recommendations of what to do/see in Nashville! Here is Heather’s (Carlos’ wife) list of what to do in Nashville!
Start off in downtown Nashville…
– Hit the bars! Before 4pm kids can even go in and see classic Nashville!
– The Shelby Walking Bridge has a great view of downtown
– The capitol building. Even if you don’t take a tour, the building is well worth a quick picture. Plus President Polk and his wife are buried there which I think is pretty cool.
When you head to the surrounding areas…
– Head to Franklin and walk around downtown Franklin
– See a classic movie at the Franklin Theatre
– Eat at Merridee’s in Franklin
– Then take Highway 96 to the Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge
– Finally, head to Loveless Café. Order their fried green tomatoes, hash-brown casserole, cream corn and biscuits. YUM!
I absolutely love visiting Nashville and can’t wait to go back! What is your favorite thing to do in Nashville?