Before I get to the wonderfulness that is the cupcakes of Mountain Cupcakes I just want to say that I have officially added something new to my bucket list…vacation in a Colorado mountain town like Vail…how have I never spent any time here before?!? Vail Village was absolutely adorable and while I was wondering through the town I had visions of gently falling snow, twinkling lights, and a cup of hot chocolate…clearly we know where I want to go this winter!
But anyways, on to Mountain Cupcakes! Not only did I get a couple of delicious cupcakes but Lauren, the owner, graciously agreed to sit down and chat cupcakes with me and if you are ever in the Vail area, you need to grab one of these cupcakes and tell Lauren hi! In no particular order, here are five things I loved about them…
1. Their cupcakes are made fresh daily. As in every morning before they open for business Lauren is at the shop baking cupcakes…doesn’t get much fresher than that!
2. One thing I quickly learned during my time in Colorado is that the air is dry…my skin felt lizard-like while I was there and I used a lot of moisturizer! What I didn’t think about was how that affects the moistness of cupcakes (and y’all know how I feel about moist cupcakes!)…basically making a “regular” cupcake isn’t going to cut it up in Vail because it would be too dry. So Lauren really worked with her recipes to make sure they’re moist…I love that commitment to getting the cupcakes perfect!
3. There is cream cheese frosting. Which is pretty much one of my weaknesses. So I got a moist cupcake with just the right amount of not-too-sweet frosting…cupcake trifecta!
4. The caramel and chocolate sauces used on the cupcakes is homemade. And I think you can tell the difference…and it’s totally worth it!
5. They also serve breakfast…so now I know where to go when I’m in Vail for a yummy breakfast!
Even though it’s still summer, going to Vail has me excited for winter! What is your favorite winter time activity?