How many cupcakes do you think you could eat in less than 5-and-a-half minutes? 2? 3? Maybe 5? Pinky’s (Fountain Valley, CA) is home to the Man Up Challenge where you try to eat a giant cupcake that is the equivalent to 13 cupcakes. In less than 10 minutes! I love cupcakes y’all, but there is NO WAY I could do that! And here’s the craziest part…the current champion, Jamie “The Bear” McDonald”, ate not just one of these Man Up Cupcakes, but two…in 5 minutes and 28 seconds!
Here are five things I loved about Pinky’s (in no particular order)…
1. Any place that can dream up a Man Up Cupcake Challenge is a winner in my book!
2. The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming!
3. The menu doesn’t just feature regular cupcakes, it also features ice cream cupcakes! They hollow out the center of the cupcake and fill the hole with ice cream…this my friends is what I consider genius!!!
4. There are a handful of flavors that are available on a daily basis, and then each day features different specialty flavors. I definitely want to head back to Pinky’s on a Monday to check out their Root Bear Float cupcake!
5. They offer Cupcake Camp during the summer! The only thing I don’t like about this is that it’s only for kids ages 5-18…too bad I’m past the age limit!
*Bonus…they hit the cupcake trifecta at Pinky’s…moist cake, frosting that isn’t too sweet, and a perfect cake to frosting ratio!
What’s your favorite flavor of cupcake?